Are you planning to rent a car? You have to make sure that you are fully knowledgeable about the car rental services that you are planning to hire and most especially the car itself so that you can save money and a lot more if you follow these easy tips.
Renting a car depending on your purpose makes sense to everything, because you are using someone else’s car where you are not fully liable for its maintenance and other responsibility except for the fact that you have to take extra care of it while you use it, and of course you can save up money compared to riding taxis, trains, and other forms of transportations, and above all you can enjoy your trip and arrive at your destination ahead of time.
However, car rentals can be a daunting task for both experienced travelers and first-timers alike, so here are the tips that you should keep in mind when you select a car from an Exotic Car rental company.
- Use a credit card to rent a car- Renting a car nowadays can be very easy because of the technology. Today, you can now use your credit card conveniently to rent a car. You can even use your debit card to your bank, however, some rental car companies have to check your credit score before they approve your rental request. If you are using a credit card, the majority of the rental services do not bother to check your credit, but you should be aware that there are rental companies that will hold on some funds from your card until you fully used the duration of your rental.
- Underage drivers’ costs more to rent a car- There is a longstanding policy among car rental services to charge more for their clients’ ages 24 and below considering that people ages 25 and above are allowed to drive their car legally. If you are under 25, you should expect a heftier rental charge from the car rental services.
- Minimize the number of people driving the car- This is because when the rental services find out that there are more than two drivers who drove their car during the rental period, you will end up paying an extra fee for every driver behind the steering wheel. Try to keep two drivers during your entire trip or you will be paying an extra fee for this kind of policy.
- Look around on car insurances- You can get insurance on your car rental services which are usually high, and should only be utilized if you have already used all your options. Take a look at your personal vehicle insurance maybe there is a policy there to cover rentals, and also you should also give your credit card company a heads up if you are planning to rent a car maybe they have some recommendations.
- Avoid renting cars at the airport- It would be totally tempting to rent a car at the airport especially if you have a lot of luggage, however you might find yourself paying for the right to pick up the car right after stepping off the plane. Instead, take a cab and drive you to the nearest car rental shop to arrange yourself to have a car of your own.